Corn & Crab Chowder
- 4 oz. butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Skillet Corn
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tbs. garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 lb. lump crab meat
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a heavy pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add onion and celery while stirring consistently. Once onions and celery are translucent, add Glory Foods Skillet Corn and water; continue to stir until skillet corn is heated through.
- Stir in cream, thyme, bay leaves and cayenne pepper and bring to a simmer. Reduce to a desired consistency.
- Add crabmeat and heat through. Remove bay leaves before serving.
Recipe by Lucius and Martine Johnson, owners of Bite Your Tounge Cajun Restaurant in Charlotte, NC
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.