Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 6 tbs. canola oil; divided
- 1 medium yellow onion; diced
- 1 envelope taco seasoning mix
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles (do not drain)
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced tomatoes (do not drain)
- 1 tbs. chicken seasoned cooking base
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans
- 2 cups cooked, shredded or cubed chicken
- 2 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 (6”) corn tortillas
- 1 small avocado; diced
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- dairy sour cream (optional)
- lime wedges (optional)
- Heat 2 tbs. canola oil in a large saucepan or Dutch oven.
- Add onion and cook 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Stir in taco mix, green chiles, tomatoes, cooking base and 1 cup chicken broth.
- Simmer for 5 minutes then transfer to a blender and process until smooth. Return to saucepan and stir in remaining chicken broth, Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans and chicken; simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lime juice.
- Meanwhile, cut tortillas into very small strips.
- Heat remaining oil in a skillet and fry strips until crisp and golden brown.
- To serve, divide soup between 4 warmed soup bowls and top with diced avocado and fried tortilla strips.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.