Red Beans & Rice Spoonbread
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup thick cream
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 (4 oz.) can green chiles, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal (plus extra for dusting baking dish)
- 8 oz. grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Red Beans & Rice, drained
- 2-3 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 1-1/2 quart baking dish and dust with corn meal; set aside.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat eggs for 30 seconds. Add cream, milk, sour cream, oil, mayonnaise, baking soda, chiles and onion; beat another 30 seconds.
- Stir in corn meal, and when incorporated, add cheese, Glory Foods Red Beans & Rice and Glory Foods Hot Sauce. Transfer to the prepared dish and bake for 40 minutes. Serve at room temperature.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.