Serves: About 4
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Southern-Style Blackeye Peas OR
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Blackeye Peas
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 tbs. butter or margarine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine the water, rice and butter in a saucepan. Cover and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer; stirring every 5 minutes until the liquid is almost absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
- Stir in the Glory Foods Blackeye Peas and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat and stir gently. Season with salt and pepper, and serve immediately.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.