Sweet & Tangy Bean Quartet
- 1 pound bacon
- 3 onions, chopped
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. hot mustard, dry
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Red Beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Lima Beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Butter Beans, drained
- 2 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Southern Style Pinto Beans, drained
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly browned.
- Drain, crumble and set aside, reserving 2 tbs. of bacon fat.
- Add onions to fat in pan, and sauté until soft. Stir in garlic powder, dry mustard, white wine vinegar and brown sugar. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- In a large pot or slow cooker, combine bacon and onion mixture into all the Glory Foods beans. Mix thoroughly and simmer for 70 minutes.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.