Glorious Oyster Dressing
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 16 oz. oysters, shucked, with liquid reserved
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 (13.75 oz.) cans chicken broth
- 2 cups onion, diced 1/8"
- 2 green bell pepper, diced 1/4"
- 1 (7.5 oz.) box Glory Foods Cornbread Mix, prepared
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small pot, heat 3 cups of oil.
- Sprinkle the oysters with salt and pepper, and coat with flour. Fry until dark golden brown. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Boil onion, celery and green bell pepper in chicken broth until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl, crumble the cornbread and sprinkle with seasonings. Add the eggs and oyster liquid and mix thoroughly.
- Pour the chicken broth with vegetables into the bread mixture and blend. Chop the oysters in large chunks and fold into the dressing.
- Place entire mixture into a greased 8" x 11" x 2" glass casserole dish and bake about an hour or until dressing is firm, but not dry.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.