Chunky Bacon & Shrimp Blackeye Pea Salsa
Serves: 8-10 servings
- 4 strips thick bacon; diced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves; minced
- 1 tablespoon powdered taco seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn; drained
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas; drained
- 1/3 pound cooked shrimp; chopped
- 1 (5.5 oz) can vegetable juice (such as V-8)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar
- tortilla chips for serving
- In a medium skillet, fry bacon and onion 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Drain off excess fat then add garlic, taco seasoning and dried parsley.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir in tomatoes, okra & corn along with blackeye peas, shrimp, vegetable juice, lime juice and sugar.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Yield: 8-10 servings
Prep / cook time: 10 minutes
Recipe by: Michaela Rosenthal
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.