Kale Salad with Apples & Candied Pecans
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Glory Foods Organic Kale Greens OR a small bunch; chopped
- 1 small green apple; chopped
- 1 goat cheese
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 1 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 2 tbs. virgin olive oil
- 1 tbs. apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place Glory Foods Organic Kale Greens, chopped green apple and goat cheese in a chilled bowl; set aside.
- Drain Glory Foods Fried Apples (reserving liquid).
- Melt butter in a small skillet and stir in the brown sugar and 1 tbs. reserved apple syrup. Cook on low heat for 2 minutes then stir in pecans; cook and additional 2 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool 10 minutes.
- To make the dressing, place 1/4 cup of the fried apples, olive oil and vinegar in a small bowl. Using tines of a fork, smash apples to combine all ingredients; season with salt and pepper.
- Pour apple dressing over kale along with the candied pecans and toss well to coat.
- Divide salad between 2 large bowls or 4 smaller plates then sprinkle with salt free seasoning. Serve with a crunchy French bread and butter.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.