Creamy Red Beans & Rice Stuffed Manicotti
- 2 tsp. virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs. minced white onion
- 1/4 cup minced carrot
- 1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
- 8 tubes dried Manicotti (from a 16 oz. pkg.)
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans & Rice; drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans; drained
- 1 (7 oz.) tub ricotta cheese
- 1 cup (canned) green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheese blend
- optional toppings: cubed avocado, sliced jalapeno, thinly sliced baby cucumber and radishes, and dairy sour cream
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 8” x 11” glass baking dish with non-stick spray; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet and sauté onion, carrot and bell pepper 3-4 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to box directions; drain and cool.
- Mix together Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans & Rice and Butter Beans, ricotta cheese and enchilada sauce until incorporated (do not smash the beans). Stir in the onion mixture and fill the cooked pasta.
- Arrange pasta tubes in the prepared pan and scatter with grated cheese. Bake for 20 minutes.
- To serve, divide between warmed plates and scatter with toppings.
Prep time: 30 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.