Blackeye Pea Carbonara
- 1 lb. applewood smoked bacon, diced
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 lb. Bucatini pasta (or other thick spaghetti)
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas, drained well and warmed
- 1/4 cup minced Italian parsley
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (plus extra for serving)
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- Fry diced bacon in a skillet until almost crisp. Stir in garlic and cook an additional 30 seconds; remove with a slotted spoon and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Boil pasta according to package directions. Drain all water and stir in butter and bacon/garlic mixture.
- Whisk eggs until frothy and pour over spaghetti and stir well (egg will be “cooked” by the hot pasta).
- Add parsley, Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas, white pepper and Parmesan cheese; mix well then sprinkle with lemon zest.
- Serve in a large pasta bowl with extra Parmesan cheese on the side.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.