Southern Skillet Corn Posole
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. white pepper
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Skillet Corn
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Butter Beans
- 1 tsp. Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- 1 (28 oz.) can diced petite tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can vegetable broth
- 1 tbs. dried cilantro or parsley
- corn tortillas or corn bread for serving, if desired
- lime wedges for serving, if desired
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a large saucepan. Add onion and sauté on low for 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and pepper; cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add Glory Foods Skillet Corn, tomatoes and vegetable broth; cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Glory Foods Butter Beans and Hot Sauce, and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Divide between 4 warmed soup bowls and sprinkle with cilantro or parsley.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.