Sloppy Susan Sandwich
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 1 small onion; diced
- 1 small red or yellow pepper; seeded and diced
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Sloppy Joe sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas
- 2-3 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce (to taste)
- 8 tsp. soft butter
- 1 (8 count) pkg. potato hamburger buns
- Heat vegetable oil in a large (high-sided) skillet. Add onion and red pepper; saute for 5 minutes (stirring occasionally).
- Stir in Sloppy Joe sauce and Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas, reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and mix in Glory Foods Hot Sauce.
- Spread butter onto all bun halves and broil until light brown.
- Ladle Sloppy Susan mixture over the bottom buns then top with remaining buns. Enjoy with a knife and fork
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.