Meatless Lasagna with Tomatoes, Okra & Corn
- 1 (15 oz.) container ricotta cheese
- 1 whole egg plus 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbs. dried basil
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese; divided
- 2-1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese; divided
- 2 (15.25 oz.) cans Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn; drained
- 12 oven ready lasagna noodles (uncooked)
- 1 (14.5 oz.) jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 (13 oz.) jar red pizza sauce
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the ricotta cheese, egg and egg yolk, basil, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese. Beat until well mixed.
- Spread 1/2 of ricotta mixture in the bottom of an 11” x 9” baking dish. Fit some of the pasta noodles to cover entire bottom of baking dish then spread the Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn on top.
- Spoon Alfredo sauce on top and layer with more noodles. Spread remaining ricotta mixture over noodles followed by 1 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Layer more noodles onto sauce and finish with pizza sauce.
- Cover tightly with non stick heavy-duty tin foil and bake for one hour.
- Remove tin foil and scatter remaining mozzarella cheese onto lasagna followed by remaining Parmesan. Bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese has melted.
- Allow to cool 15 minutes before cutting. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.