Kale & Black Eye Pea Soup
Serves: 2 Large or 4 Small
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 (27 oz) can Glory Foods Kale; drained
- 1 (14.5 oz) can Glory Foods Seasoned Black Eye Peas
- 1 (4 oz) jar pimentos; drained
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup imitation bacon bits
- Heat vegetable broth in a medium saucepan with high sides.
- Add onion and sauce for 2 minutes until fragrant; add broth.
- Heat vegetable broth until small bubbles form around the edge of the pot.
- Stir in kale, black eye peas and pimentos.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from heat and stir in lemon juice.
- Scatter with imitation bacon bits before serving.
Yield: 2 large or 4 small servings
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Recipe by: Michaela Rosenthal
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.