Eggplant Parmesan with Blackeye Peas
- 1/3 cup oil for frying
- 1 (16 oz.) box breaded eggplant cutlets
- garlic salt for sprinkling
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Italian red pasta sauce
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas; drained
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large skillet, heat oil to medium-high and fry cutlets (in 2 batches) until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- Drain on paper towel to absorb excess oil then sprinkle eggplant with a small amount of garlic salt.
- Pour 1/3 of red sauce in the bottom of a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Layer half of cutlets onto the sauce then spoon Glory Foods Seasoned Blackeye Peas over the eggplant.
- Sprinkle blackeye peas with Parmesan then cover with a cup of mozzarella.
- Layer second half of cutlets onto cheese then spoon on remaining sauce and second cup of mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 35 minutes until cheese has melted and casserole is bubbling
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.