Egg & Black Bean Salad
- one dozen (cooled) hard cooked eggs; peeled and sliced
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans; rinsed
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans (do not rinse)
- 1 avocado; diced
- 1/3 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Dijon style mustard
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- crisp lettuce leaves
- fresh rye bread & butter
- Place eggs, Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans and Seasoned Butter Beans, and avocado in a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayo, mustard, lemon zest and juice. Pour over egg mixture and toss well to incorporate.
- Season to taste with salt & pepper.
- Line 4 salad plates with crisp lettuce and scoop egg salad onto lettuce.
- Serve with buttered rye bread.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.