Creole Veggie Gumbo
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 small onion; diced
- 1 small red or green bell pepper; diced
- 1 stalk celery; diced
- 2 garlic cloves; crushed
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra and Corn
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Blackeye Peas
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large saucepan.
- Add onion, bell pepper and celery. Saute (stirring occasionally) for 4-5 minutes then add garlic and creole seasoning.
- Cook an additional 2-3 minutes before adding tomatoes, okra & corn along with blackeye peas and vegetable broth.
- Simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and hot sauce.
- Serve gumbo over white rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe by: Michaela Rosenthal
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.