Cheese & Sweet Potato Soufflé
- 3 tbs. unsalted butter; divided
- 2 tbs. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbs. plus 1 tsp. flour
- 1 (5 oz.) can evaporated milk; heated
- 2 tbs. heavy cream; room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper
- 4 large egg yolks
- 5 large egg whites
- 2/3 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
- Position oven rack on lower third of oven and pre-heat to 400°F.
- Butter a 6 quart soufflé dish with 1/2 tbs. of butter and sprinkle Parmesan cheese to coat inside of dish.
- Melt remaining butter in a heavy saucepan and whisk in flour (do not let flour brown).
- Stir in milk, cream and white pepper (whisking until mixture is thick and smooth). Remove from heat and whisk in egg yolks one at a time then transfer to a large mixing bowl; allow to rest 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat egg whites to a thick froth with an electric mixer. Gradually fold egg whites into soufflé base along with cheese and sweet potato casserole.
- Transfer to prepared dish and place in oven. Turn heat down to 375°F. Bake soufflé for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes turn heat down to 325°F and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until puffed and golden brown (do not open oven during baking or shuffle will fall). Serve with a crisp green salad and a loaf of French bread, if desired. Serve immediately.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.