Cabbage & Carrot Stuffed Shells
- 1 (12 oz.) box large shells
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1 cup (from a 14 oz. package) frozen bell peppers & onions
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Honey Carrots; drained and chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Country Cabbage; drained very well and excess liquid pressed out
- 2 eggs; beaten well
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbs. chopped parsley
- 2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 (24 oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese for serving, if desired
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Boil shells according to box directions (do NOT overcook); keep warm.
- Melt butter in skillet and cook frozen peppers & onions until soft.
- Stir in garlic and Glory Foods Seasoned Cabbage, and remove from heat after cooking 2 minutes more.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cabbage mixture, and transfer to a mixing bowl. Add beaten eggs, ricotta, parsley and lemon zest; mix well to incorporate.
- Stuff shells with cabbage mixture, and lay in a 12” x 9” baking pan. Cover stuffed shells with marinara sauce and then sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until cheese has melted. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.