Butterbean & Fresh Thyme Omelette
Serves: 2 omelettes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 small tomato; seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons butter; divided
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons thick cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable seasoning
- 1/2 can Glory Foods Butterbeans
- 1/3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in a large, heavy (non-stick) skillet.
- Saute the red onion and tomato for 2 minutes; tip out into a bowl and return the skillet to medium heat with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, thyme and seasonings.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the skillet; swirl to cover entire bottom of skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
- Scatter half the butterbeans, half the cheese and half the onion/tomatoes onto eggs.
- Lower heat and flip half of the omelette over onto itself; cook another 2 minutes until the eggs have just set.
- Slide onto a heated plate; keep warm.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second omelette.
- Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
- Serve with biscuits or battered toast.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total cook time: 12 minutes
Recipe by: Michaela Rosenthal
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.