Apple Spice Cookies
Serves: 5 dozen cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Sweet Traditions Fried Apples
- 1 tbs. butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 to 5 tsp. milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cream butter and brown sugar in a bowl. Beat in egg.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and spices; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir apples into batter.
- Once combined, drop batter by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- Combine butter and confectioners' sugar. Stir in vanilla extract. Add milk, mixing until smooth and of desired consistency.
- Spread vanilla glaze over cooled cookies.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.