White Bean Meatballs and Lemon Pasta
- 1 (15 oz) can Glory Foods Seasoned Great Northern Beans; drained well (do not rinse)
- 2 whole eggs; beaten
- 1 cup (Italian) seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3/4 cup traditional oatmeal (not instant or steelcut)
- 1 teaspoon pizza seasoning*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (12 oz) jar tomato spaghetti sauce
- 1 (12 oz) package pasta tubes (or any thick, short pasta)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice, plus fresh zest of lemon
- shredded Parmesan cheese, optional
- *1/2 teaspoon dried oregano, 1/2 teaspoon dried basil and 1/4 teaspoon hot red pepper flakes can be substituted for the pizza seasoning
- Using a potato masher, smash the beans (leaving some chunks).
- Transfer the beans to a mixing bowl along with the beaten eggs, breadcrumbs, oatmeal and seasoning.
- Mix well then place bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Form “meatball” mixture into 8 balls and fry on all sides to brown.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over “meatballs”, turn heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes, turning balls occasionally.
- Boil pasta according to package directions; drain and return to pot along with butter, lemon juice and zest; mix well.
- To serve, place pasta on a heated serving platter (or 4 pasta bowls) and arrange “meatballs” on top.
- Sprinkle meatballs with shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Chill time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Recipe by: Michaela Rosenthal
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.