Tomatoes, Okra & Corn Sloppy Joes
- 4 tsp. corn oil; divided
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper; seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp. crushed garlic
- 2 (12 oz.) packages meatless ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn; drained
- 1 (16 oz.) jar marinara sauce
- 6 hamburger buns; heated
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet; add onion and bell pepper. Sauté 4-5 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more; transfer to a bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and add remaining corn oil; turn heat to high. Add meatless ground beef and sauté until browned.
- Return onion and pepper to skillet, and add Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn and marinara sauce. Turn heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- To serve, divide sloppy joe mixture over buns.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.