Southern Style Vegetarian Gumbo
- 1 tsp. fresh jalapeño, minced
- 1/4 cup white onion, diced 1/4"
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced 1/4"
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced 1/4"
- 1 cup vegetarian broth
- 1 cup vegetable juice cocktail, low sodium
- 1 (15 oz.) can light red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- Place the jalapeño, onion and peppers in a 3 to 4 quart saucepan. Heat and start stirring. Add about 1/4 cup of the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Stir the vegetables occasionally until softened.
- Add remaining vegetable broth, vegetable juice, Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn, kidney beans and ground black pepper.
- Heat gently until the gumbo comes to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with a heaping 1/4 cup of white rice in each bowl.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.