Red Bean Frittata
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 tbs. unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup yellow bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/3 cup celery, finely diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned New Orleans Style Red Beans, rinsed
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tbs. chopped fresh basil or parsley
- 1/8 tsp. dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (6 oz.) can hollandaise sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat oil and butter in a heavy 8” skillet then add onion, bell pepper, and celery. Saute for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together 6 whole eggs and 2 egg yolks.
- In a separate bowl, beat the 2 egg whites until soft peaks form; set aside.
- Add Glory Foods Seasoned New Orleans Style Red Beans, evaporated milk, cheese and herbs to the main egg mixture then fold in the egg whites.
- Pour red bean mixture over the onion mixture and quickly stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Transfer mixture to the oven and bake frittata for 30-35 minutes until set.
- Season top of frittata with salt and pepper. Allow to stand for 5 minutes before cutting into 6 wedges.
- Meanwhile, stir the hollandaise sauce and lemon juice in a small glass bowl and microwave until hot; stirring once or twice (do not over cook). Serve lemony hollandaise sauce alongside frittata wedges, if desired.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.