Southern Style Black Bean Cakes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans, drained
- 2 tbs. all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp. cumin, ground
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
pan release spray, as needed
- Combine Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans, flour, cumin and pepper in a food processor, and mix until a paste begins to form and the ingredients are well blended.
- Apply enough pan release spray to a nonstick pan and place the pan over medium heat.
- When the pan is hot, place one portion (1 mounded, full tbs.) of the black bean mix carefully into the pan.
- Apply pan release spray to the back of a heat resistant, plastic, flat spatula and gently flatten the mound of bean mix to form a even flat cake. You may add another portion to the pan if it is not overcrowded.
- Brown the bean cakes on both sides and serve or you may cool and store for later use.
Serving suggestion: Serve topped with a poached egg and warmed Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Tomatoes, Okra & Corn.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.