Sausage with Green Beans, Tomatoes & Blackeye Peas
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 turkey sausage links
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced petite tomatoes (with juice)
- 2 cups canned chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Blackeye Peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (27 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Green Beans; drained
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- crusty bread for serving (optional)
- In a large, heavy saucepan fry the bacon, onion and garlic for 3 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon onto a paper towel lined plate; set aside.
- Fry turkey sausage links in the rendered bacon fat, turning to brown all sides. Remove sausage and when cool enough to handle, cut into bite-sized chunks.
- Return bacon mixture to saucepan and stir in tomatoes (with juice), chicken broth, Glory Foods Blackeye Peas and sausage. Simmer 20 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add Glory Foods Seasoned Green Beans and simmer for an additional 10 minutes; stir in lemon juice.
- Divide between 4 warmed soup bowls for serving. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.