Pork & Fried Apple Sandwich
Serves: 4 sandwiches
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1 small red onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples, drained well
- 8 tsp. mayonnaise
- 8 slices thick sourdough bread
- 2 cups (full cooked) pulled pork
- 4 slices thick white cheddar cheese
- Heat 2 tbs. of butter in a medium skillet and fry onions over low heat for 10 minutes (stirring occasionally) until soft and caramelized; stir in vinegar, then transfer to a bowl.
- Return skillet to heat and add Glory Foods Fried Apples to warm.
- Lightly toast bread slices (this insures the sandwich will not be soggy).
- Spread one side of all bread slices with a tsp. of mayonnaise; lay slices (mayo side down) in a large, hot skillet or pancake griddle.
- Divide pork between the bread slices and top with the apples and onions. Add a slice of cheese and top with the remaining bread slices. Fry both sides until golden brown.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.