Poached Eggs over Mixed Greens & Texas Toast
- 8 large eggs
- 1 tbs. white vinegar
- 4 slices Texas Toast*
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Sensibly Seasoned Mixed Greens; drain well (press out ALL excess liquid)
- 1 (6 oz.) can prepared hollandaise sauce
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Bring a large saucepan (half full of water) to a brisk boil and add vinegar.
- Crack eggs into small bowls (one egg per bowl) and poach 4 at a time until just cooked (the white park of the egg should be done but the yellow yolk should be soft).
- Bake Texas Toast according to box direction.
- Heat hollandaise sauce then stir in lemon juice.
- Divide the greens between the slices of toast and top with 2 eggs per slice. Drizzle hollandaise sauce over the eggs and season with salt & pepper. Serve immediately on warmed plates.
*Texas Toast can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.