Mixed Greens & Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
- 3 large Russet baking potatoes (about 3/4 lbs each)
- 4 tbs. salted butter; divided
- 2 tbs. red onion, minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, minced
- 3 large white mushrooms, chopped
- 1 cup (from a 14.5 oz. can) Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Mixed Greens, drained
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 tbs. dairy sour cream
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- freshly cracked pepper
- 2 scallions (green onions) sliced into thin rings
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Scrub potatoes and wrap in tin foil, piercing with fork to allow steam to escape. Bake in the oven until soft (about 2 hours).
- Melt 2 tbs. butter in a skillet and sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Mixed Greens and cook for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Halve baked potatoes and scoop out most of flesh into a medium size bowl (be careful not to tear through potato jacket). Using a fork, incorporate remaining 2 tbs. butter and mixed greens into potatoes.
- Divide mixture between the 6 potato jackets, and sprinkle 1/4 cup cheese over each. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- To serve, place a dollop of sour cream onto potato halves followed by tomato and green onion circles. Scatter cracked pepper over the top and serve hot.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.