Hot & Cheesy Italian Sliders
- 1 (12 count) package soft rolls*
- 2 tbs. soft butter
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1/2 diced red onion
- 1 (12 oz.) package meatless ground beef
- 1 (12 oz.) jar pizza sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Honey Carrots; drained and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Split rolls horizontally and spread bottom with butter and fit into a 9” x 7: glass baking pan; set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet to medium and sauté onion for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add meatless ground beef, breaking up clumps. Add pizza sauce and carrots; simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon mixture onto the bottom of the rolls and scatter with shredded cheese. Arrange tops of rolls over the cheese and bake for 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
*Use the rolls that are attached such as King’s Hawaiian.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 15 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.