Creamy Oatmeal with Saucy Apples & Almonds
- 2 cups water
- 1-1/4 cups evaporated milk
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 1/3 cup moist dried currants or raisins
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. apple pie spice
- 2 tbs. butter
- 1/3 cup toasted sliced almonds
- Heat water and evaporated milk to a rolling simmer. Stir in oats and cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add Glory Foods Friedy Apples and currants; cook for an additional 5 minutes until all liquid has been absorbed. Remove from heat and stir in lemon zest and apple pie spice and butter.
- Divide between 4 large or 6 small bowls and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.