Butter Bean & Avocado Garlic Toasts
Serves: 4 toasts
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 tsp. avocado or olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated lemon zest
- salt & pepper to taste
- 4 slices garlic flavored Texas Toast or garlic bread
- parsley for serving
- Place Glory Foods Seasoned Butter Beans in a small saucepan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Drain butter beans and transfer to a bowl along with avocado, oil and lemon zest. Smash together until combined (leaving some small chunks for texture). Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake Texas Toast according to box directions.
- Spread warm toast with the butter bean mixture. Sprinkle with parsley, and serve with tomato soup, if desired.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.