Blackeye Pea Grilled Burger Shooters
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Southern Style Blackeye Peas
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbs. all-purpose flour
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt to taste
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- Drain the Glory Foods Southern Style Blackeye Peas and divide in half.
- Mix half the blackeye peas in a large bowl with the onion, red bell pepper, jalapeno, parmesan, eggs, flour, garlic, salt, pepper, green onion and 1 cup of the bread crumbs. Mash until well blended.
- Fold in the reserved blackeye peas and mix thoroughly.
- Scoop out about a 2 oz. cup of the mixture and form into mini patties. Repeat to make 16 patties.
- Coat each patties with the remaining bread crumbs; coat both sides.
- Heat half the oil in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and cook 6 to 8 of the cakes at a time, 3 to 5 minutes per side or until light golden brown and crispy on the outside. Drain on paper towels.
- Place patties on mini whole-wheat buns, and top with your favorite sauces and toppings.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.