Black Beans with Polenta Rounds
Serves: 10 pieces
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 (18 oz.) original polenta roll, or quinoa
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans
- 1-1/2 tsp. balsamic vinegar (best quality)
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 1/2 ripe avocado, smashed
- 1-2 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley or cilantro
- Slice polenta roll into 10 circles (about 3/4 inch thick), discarding the ends. Heat oil in a skillet and (in 2 batches) fry polenta on both sides until golden brown.
- Warm the Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans in a small sauce pan and stir in vinegar. In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream, avocado and Glory Foods Hot Sauce.
- To serve, plate polenta rounds and spoon with beans. Drop a spoonful of sour cream-avocado mixture onto each round. Scatter cheese over sour cream mixture and sprinkle with parsley.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.