Apple Stuffed Pork Loin
- (3 lb.) center cut pork loin roast; butterflied
- 3 (15 oz.) cans Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 1/4 cup Calvados (apple brandy) or regular brandy
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbs. minced fresh chives
- pork seasoning
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Drain Glory Foods Fried Apples (reserving 1/2 cup liquid) and transfer to a bowl. Add brandy, honey, pumpkin pie spice and chives to the apples; allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Lay pork out on a work surface and (using a slotted spoon) spoon 2 cups marinated apples onto the center of pork. Fold meat over apples and secure with kitchen twine or thick wooden skewers that have been soaked in water.
- Transfer pork to a baking pan just large enough to hold the roast, and sprinkle with pork seasoning. Bake for 20 minutes to render the fat.
- Carefully take roast out of the oven and drain fat (discard). Spoon remaining apples onto pork; lower heat to 325°F and continue to bake for an additional 60-70 minutes (until meat thermometer reaches 155°F; pork will continue to cook as it rests).
- Stir any excess liquid from marinated apples into the reserved fried apple liquid. During roasting time, glaze the top of pork roast twice with the apple liquid.
- To serve, slice pork into 3/4” slices after it has rested for 15 minutes.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 90 minutes
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.