Almond Butter Tofu Skewers
- 4 wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes)
- 1 (12 oz.) box yellow rice mix
- 1/2 cup Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans; rinsed
- 1 tbs. freshly chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 (12 oz.) block extra firm tofu; cubed (2 in. squares)
- 1/3 cup (creamy) almond butter
- 1 tbs. fresh lime juice
- 1 tbs. vegetable juice
- sea salt and white pepper
- oil for brushing pan
- Cook rice according to box directions; remove from heat and stir in Glory Foods Seasoned Red Beans, parsley, raisins and almonds; keep warm.
- Thread skewers with tofu cubes; set aside.
- Place almond butter in a very small saucepan along with the lime juice and vegetable juice. Cook, stirring constantly, until almond butter has melted.
- Heat a grill pan (skillet with ridges) and brush with oil. Grill skewers (basting with almond butter mixture) on all sides until warmed through and slightly charred. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve, divide rice between 4 warmed plated and top with tofu skewers. Serve with a lime wedges, if desired.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.