New Years Day Frisee Lettuce Salad with Blackeye Pea Vinaigrette
- 2 heads Frisee lettuce
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Blackeye Peas
- 1 (12 oz.) jar marinated artichokes quarters
- 2 strips thick bacon; diced
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Wash lettuce, pat dry and tear into pieces; place into a large salad bowl.
- Drain artichokes (revering 2 tbs. liquid) and add to lettuce.
- Fry diced bacon until almost crisp; drain on a paper towel.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the bell pepper, onion, parsley, olive oil, vinegar, seasoning, bacon and reserved liquid from artichoke hearts.
- Drain and rinse Glory Foods Blackeye Peas and stir into the onion/bell pepper vinaigrette mixture; toss to incorporate.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.