Sweet Potato, Candied Ginger & Rosemary-Almond Biscotti
Serves: 20-24 cookies
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tbs. very soft butter
- 2 tbs. molasses
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar (plus extra for rolling dough in)
- 1/3 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole
- 2 cups plus all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. powdered ginger
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup Marcona almonds with Rosemary*
- 1/4 cup minced candied ginger
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a mixer, beat together the oil, butter, molasses, egg, both sugars and Glory Foods Sweet Potato Casserole.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt.
- In 2 stages, mix the dry ingredients with the wet. When incorporated, add the almonds and candied ginger (if dough is too sticky, add a tbs. or more extra flour).
- Divide the dough in half; roll each half in white sugar and form into logs (approx. 12” x 2”). Transfer on the cookie sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes then cut logs diagonally (on the cookie sheet) into 3/4” slices, separating slightly. Return to oven and continue to bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack for cooling.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
*Marcona almonds with rosemary available at Trader Joe’s. If unavailable in your area, substitute slivered (baking) almonds and 1 tbs. freshly chopped rosemary needles.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.