Not Just Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Mixed Greens
- 1 (16.5 oz.) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 cup applesauce
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 5 tbs. real butter, softened
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Drain Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Mixed Greens, add fresh water and drain again.
- In a blender, add mixed greens, applesauce and 1/2 cup water. Blend greens and applesauce until completely mixed.
- Pour mixed greens and applesauce mixture into a large mixing bowl. Add eggs and cake mix, mix thoroughly.
- Pour batter into muffin pan lined with paper liners. Fill 24 cups about 2/3 full.
- Place in oven and bake for about 16 to 18 minutes.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together until smooth.
- Slowly add cocoa.
- Add powdered sugar until frosting is of desired consistency.
Let cupcakes cool, frost and store in refrigerator until ready to be eaten.
Recipe by Karen Rodriguez
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.