Grandma’s Apple Fritters
Serves: 24 fritters
- oil for frying
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Sweet Traditions Fried Apples, drained
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tbs. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat 2 to 3 inches oil to 365°F in deep fryer or deep saucepan.
- Combine egg and milk in large bowl. Stir in apples.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture. Stir until just mixed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into oil. Fry about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn as needed for even browning. Remove with slotted spoon.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Combine sugar and remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon in a re-sealable bag. Gently shake fritters in mixture. Serve warm.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.