Gingerbread Apple Bars
Serves: 12 bars
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/3 cup unsulfured light molasses
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable Oil
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350°F. Oil a 9" x 9" square pan lightly.
- Place Glory Foods Fried Apples and golden raisins in small saucepan. Cook and stir on low heat until mixture comes to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in molasses and baking soda. Cool slightly.
- Combine eggs and sugar in large bowl. Beat in 1/4 cup oil gradually.
- Combine flour, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt in small bowl. Add to egg mixture alternatively with apple and raisin mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Spoon into pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on cooling rack and dust with powdered sugar. Cut into bars.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.