Caramel Apple Cheesecake
Serves: 6 slices
- 2 tbs. melted butter
- 3/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese; room temperature
- 4 whole eggs
- 1 cup whole milk yogurt or dairy sour cream
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can Glory Foods Fried Apples; drained & syrup reserved
- 1/2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 325°F, and spray an 8” springform pan with bakers spray; set aside.
- Melt butter in a medium bowl and stir in graham cracker crumbs and salt. Mix together with the tines of a fork then press into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip together the cream cheese and eggs (low speed) with the paddle attachment for 5 minutes until well combined.
- Add the yogurt (or sour cream), vanilla, sugar, flour and baking powder; blend. Scoop into the prepared pan and bake for 60 minutes.
- Turn off oven and allow cheesecake to sit in oven for 10 minutes more with the door open. Remove from oven and allow cheesecake to rest on the counter for 30 minutes (or more) before unmolding. Transfer cheesecake to a platter to cool.
- To make the topping, place the reserved fried apple s yrup in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Immediately lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to stand for 5 minutes then whisk in caramel.
- Place Glory Foods Fried Apples in a bowl and pour the caramel syrup over them; stir gently to coat apples.
- To serve, spoon apples over cheesecake slices and serve with whipped cream, if desired.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60-70 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.