Apple Frosted Sugar Cookies
Serves: 8-10 cookies
- 1 (17.5 oz.) pouch sugar cookie mix
- flour to roll out cookie dough
- 1 tbs. melted butter
- 1/4 cup reserved apple syrup (from a 14.5 oz. can Glory Foods Fried Apples)
- 3/4 to 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- Heat oven to 350°F, and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- Prepare sugar cookie mix according to packet directions; divide dough into 2 equal parts and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough (one part at a time) on a floured work surface and using a large apple shaped cookie cutter, cut out 8 cookies (4-5 cookies from each half). Place on prepared baking sheets and bake cookies for 9-11 minutes until light golden brown; cool on a wire rack.
- To make frosting whisk together melted butter, Glory Foods Fried Apple syrup and powdered sugar (a few tablespoons at a time) until smooth and the consistency you want (thin enough to spread but thick enough to set).
- Frost cookies and allow frosting to set for 2-3 hours before serving.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 9-11 minutes
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.