Baked Rice & Collard Greens
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups rice (not instant)
- generous pinch salt
- 2 whole eggs; plus one egg yolk
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 (27 oz.) can Glory Foods Seasoned Collard Greens; drained and pressed dry
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 tbs. chopped parsley
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- Bring water to boil, stir in salt and rice. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook (undisturbed) 35 minutes until all water has been absorbed. Once done, fluff with the tines of a fork.
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the milk. Stir in Glory Foods Seasoned Collard Greens, onion, parsley, Parmesan cheese, orange zest and cooked rice.
- Transfer to a 1-1/2 quart baking dish and bake for 50 minutes until top is golden brown and the mixture is set.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.