Skillet Corn & Black Pepper Scones
• 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
• 1 cup cornbread mix
• 1 tsp. baking powder
• 1 tsp. fine sugar
• 1/2 tsp. baking soda
• 1/2 tsp. fine salt
• 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
• 1 stick cold butter
• 1 whole egg, plus 1 egg yolk
• 1/3 cup sour cream
• 1/2 cup Glory Foods Skillet Corn
• 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Combine flour, cornbread mix, baking powder, baking soda, salt, black pepper and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Cut butter into dry ingredients, then add egg, egg yolk, sour cream, Glory Foods Skillet Corn and cheddar cheese. Mix ingredients together.
- Press mixture into a greased scone pan* and bake for 35 minutes.
*If you do not have a scone pan, place dough on a well floured board and pat into an 8 inch circle about 3/4-inch thick. Use a sharp knife to cut into 8 triangles; place on a cookie sheet (preferably lined with parchment paper), about 1 inch apart. Bake until golden, about 20 minutes.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.