Hot Water Cornbread
- 1 (7.5 oz.) box Glory Foods Cornbread Mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- oil, as needed for frying
- In a medium bowl, mix together Glory Foods Cornbread Mix, eggs and boiling water.
- Pour oil to a depth of 1/2 inch in a large skillet and heat to 375°F.
- Shape cornmeal mixture into flattened balls using a heaping tablespoon as a measuring guide.
- Fry each in the hot oil, turning once, until crisp and golden brown, or about 5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels, and serve.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.