Warm Caramel Brie with Spicy Pecans
- 1 small wheel brie (cheese)
- 1/3 cup (from a 15 oz. can) Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes; drained and smashed (reserve 2 tbs. syrup)
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1 tsp. butter
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whole pecans
- 2 dashes Glory Foods Hot Sauce
- pinch of salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tart, crisp apples; cut into slices
- Unwrap brie and slice off top rind; place in pie plate.
- Spread 1/3 cup Bruce’s Candied Yams Cut Sweet Potatoes over the top of brie.
- Spoon caramel ice cream topping over brie and microwave for 25-30 seconds.
- Melt butter in a small skillet; add 2 tbs. yam syrup and brown sugar. Stir then add pecans; cook 2 minutes; stirring occasionally. Add a a dash or two of Glory Foods Hot Sauce, a pinch of salt and a grinding of fresh pepper.
- Transfer brie to a warm serving dish and top with spiced pecans.
- Arrange apple slices around brie and serve warm.
Recipe by Michaela Mercer Rosenthal, tangerineOthyme@yahoo.com« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.