Southwestern Style Bruschetta
- 1 hard French roll, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro, fresh leaves
- 2 oz. grilled chicken meat, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbs. red onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbs. red peppers, finely chopped
- 1 tsp. jalapeño pepper, minced and seeded
- 1 tsp. cumin, ground
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 1 medium avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tbs. sour cream
- ground black pepper
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Place 20 (1/2-inch) slices of French roll, cut side down, onto 2 baking sheets. Sprinkle with the cheese and cilantro. Bake for 5 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Mix together the chicken, Glory Foods Simply Seasoned Black Beans, onion, red pepper, jalapeño pepper, cumin and 1 tsp. lime juice in a medium bowl.
- Mash the avocado in a medium bowl. Stir in the sour cream and remaining lime juice. Season with the black pepper.
- Top each slice with about 2 tsp. of the avocado mixture and 1 tbs. black bean mixture. Top with additional fresh cilantro, if desired.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.