Refried Bean & Chorizo Dip
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced 1/8”
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced 1/8”
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced 1/8”
- 6 oz. chorizo sausage, diced 1/4” pieces
- 1 (15 oz.) can Glory Foods Pinto Beans
- 1/2 cup tomato salsa, mild
- 1 tsp. Glory Foods Hot sauce
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1/2 cup cheddar and/or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- corn tortilla chips or raw vegetables for serving
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Pour Glory Foods Pinto Beans into a mixing bowl. Use a potato masher to crush about half the beans.
- Heat a nonstick skillet with oil. Stir in sausage, bell peppers and onions. Sauté until sausage is slightly browned and the vegetables are softened.
- Stir in the spices, including GloryFoods Hot Sauce, and heat for 15 to 20 seconds. Add pinto beans and salsa, and mix well.
- Pour the dip into an oven-proof casserole and top with cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with your favorite corn tortilla chips or raw vegetables.
Products used in this recipe
« Back to All Recipes
To get the latest recipes, meal plans and special offers subscribe to our email list.